View Single Post
Old 2014-12-23, 01:28   Link #319
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Newest short story is now posted on my blog. There are now four separate short stories available to read, one about Kpau and three about Tsika and Glycerin.

You can reach the short story directory page at this link ->
Flashback! Short Stories From The Teen Years

1) "Duck! Rabbit! Duck! - A Love Story"
2) "Even Longer" (how Tee and Gee first meet)
3) "Spiders and Snakes" (how Tee and Gee get their first tattoos)
4) "Spider's Gift" (the tale of Tsika's first romance, still in high school)

The stories should be read in the order in which the page displays them.

I am in very rough draft stage on the first 4 or 5 chapters of Volume 4. I've let the ebook version project of volume 3 drag out too long and need to finish and publish that pronto.

All in all, I'm not doing too badly -- I have over 2600 followers on Facebook and stopped worrying about Twitter or Google+ follower counts. I'm selling in spurts. If you've read the stories (free or purchased) and like them, tell your book-reading friends. I think the story should appeal to anyone who likes rom-coms in anime as it has a seinen/shoujo flair to it.

I'll be truthful - the "harem" set up is a trap. At its heart, the tale is about two life companions - Tsika and Glycerin. Starting from Blar's point-of-view was the best way to introduce them. Originally, I was going to tell the entire tale from Tsika's point-of-view but quickly found that far too limiting.