Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Darling in the Franxx
View Single Post
Old 2018-05-23, 02:32   Link #3172
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
Of course, maybe you understand what I'm saying and just disagree. Which is fine.

"Our DNA hasn't changed. But even with the same base brain, we have gotten smarter, because having more to train our brain on makes it smarter."

Theres a difference between the IQ and knowledge base a person has. But I'm probably being nitpicky for pointing this out.
I'm not talking about knowledge; I'm talking about IQ. IQ grows statistically in time. The two things aren't disentangled, knowledge or different tools to interact with are like training equipment for your brain, so the more you have, the more you can develop its potential.

And you're mixing up different aspects of what APE is doing. We don't know for sure the details, but let's assume that they aim at transcending human bodies. The "removing people's free will" has nothing to do with that: it's simply a consequence of them being tyrannical assholes. Let's suppose that I could have a way to upload my consciousness to a machine or something like that, thus abandoning the need for a body. If I could do that, would that remove all hardships? Well, no. Machines would still need to be maintained. So effectively I would have a body, the machine I'm uploaded into, it would just be a more resilient one. All intellectual problems would remain. I wouldn't instantly acquire all knowledge of the universe. Learning would still be a need. Understanding things would still be a need. I could still interact with other humans, both fleshy and not. I would still have emotions, because those too are the result of brain structures, and any decent simulation of a human brain would reproduce them. I would merely not be affected any more by chemicals arbitrarily introduced into my brain from outside (so, for example, I couldn't get drunk, or perhaps horny either). It'd be different, and whether it'd be better or worse is of course subjective. Which is why it'd be unethical to force this change on people; but it would also be unethical to prevent people from undertaking it if they want to and it's available, or to start treating them as not-people-anymore as soon as they became something different from us.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote