Thread: Beelzebub
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-21, 19:06   Link #2706
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

And don't forget that this series is like a parody of the typical jump battle manga so comparing this gold series with Bleach is indeed fatal mistake and no there are no relation in the slightest at all if you look at the big picture so screw that. I'm just going to quote this good review from mangaupdates and he really makes good summary of this series and makes more sense if you still insist on looking at action or plot in this series:

Quote:
This manga is the opposite of a shounen battle manga. What do I mean? You know how shounen battle manga starts with a some pathetic guy who's special and through a series of lucky breaks becomes a bad ass - this series starts off with a badass who finds he's not badass enough.

You know how shounen battle mangas protagonists get beat down by someone random stronger than them and they spend 30 chapters powering up? This manga does it in 3 pages and gets back to what's important, the plot!

You know how when the protagonist is a super powered world destroying badass and then somehow struggles to beat down the boss he had trouble with and then even has trouble beating down the next boss's lackeys because he inexplicably doesn't use the new godlike power he has? There are multiple instances of 1 move battles because the protagonist is a god like badass, why the fuck should the mangacka waste ink drawing a battle scene?

You know how after 500 chapters you get sick of shounen battle mangas? This one is unfortunately starting to get there, but it is definitely an experience that's worth the ride and it is still worth reading after 130 chapters.

You tired of wimpy ass protagonists bawling about friendship and swooning helpless women falling at their feet? Then read this.
So yeah, this is why I love this series so much.