View Single Post
Old 2011-07-31, 01:39   Link #172
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post
I'd go with Frank Miller's gritty, ugly, and heavy batmobile from his 'Dark Knight Returns' series. You can tell that the tumbler was supposed to resemble it in some aspect, but fails miserably.

In fact, Miller's take on 'The Dark Knight' is infinitely better than Nolan's compromised film series.
Sadly, Miller's Batmobile is one of the least interesting or inspired Batmobiles in the Batman universe. It is essentially a World War I tank, and that's about it (great for the feel of the series (though I do not remember the aged Knight actually using the vehicle to its potential...but it has been years since I last read the series), but ultimately pointless for what the Batmobile needs to do, and that is chase down foes (it would be nice if the vehicle was also stealthy, but for some reason none of Batman's vehicles retain any of his stealth)). Nolan's Batmobile is a little garish, but it retains the realism of Miller's Tank, while also having the ability to actually chase down foes with force and power.

(Personally, I've never been much of a fan of the Batmobile. Any vehicle that a vigilante uses intrinsically does not make sense. Not due to any specific design flaw, but simply because it is a target that any police officer (or criminal) will immediatly notice and attempt to stop. Consequently, Batman should be swinging between roof-tops, not cruising around in a vehicle that will draw unnecessary attention.)
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote