View Single Post
Old 2011-11-29, 06:02   Link #215
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomzx View Post
No, that was just your assumption. Kayneth was becoming more convinced that Sola was letting the curse affect her. He suspect that it was her infatuation that led to that.
you are missing the point: it doesn't matter whether she fell for him by herself or if she was only infatuated and the curse kicked in, what matters is that she is genuinely in love with him. So much so that she would do anything, really, to be with him. It's not a facade of love of some sorts like you said, and it's not a shallow crush

Quote:
Aren't you using double-standard within one post? In the first quote you defend her with her status as magi. In the second you defend her with her status as normal loving woman.
in the second part, i was paraphrasing what the poster said to highlight how his reasoning was skewed, while in the first i was pointing out how from the POV of the characters in question, what was happening was nothing strange or unexpected

i wasn't expressing my opinion(which btw, i think from a human viewpoint, they are both understandable, though not quite justified[Sola is more excusable than kayneth though]. From a magi viewpoint, Sola is doing what's normal of a person in her situation, and Kayneth is being an unreasonable moron)

Quote:
At best you can say Sola's actions are reasonable from her point of view
it is part of what i am saying

Quote:
but being reasonable alone does not make her actions justified
being reasonable doesn't make ones actions justified, normally. In this specific situation? Yes it does. It is in the best interests(AKA, trying to win/survive the war) of everyone involved that Kayneth gives up the command spells and leave the HGW while Sola takes his place as Lancer's master
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote