View Single Post
Old 2011-09-28, 19:49   Link #111
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Personally, I don't feel that this is a 'It Was Future Earth All Along", but I think there's definitely and potentially some mythos and plot importance behind 'Queen has access to crops, technology, innovations and stuff years/decades beyond the current time' besides just it being waived off as 'Demon World's stuff.'

While there's no real hint of it yet... It feels as if the Demon World is not really that advanced compared to the Human World, and that all the things the Queen have are not 'standard Demon World' stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Yeah but that doesn't mean the story has to take place on earth. Mythical Libraries that contain ridiculous amounts of knowledge aren't rare in fantasy stories. Also paper and printing, where have we seen that? I mean we've seen her provide notes and stuff but I can't think of seeing any kind of printing being done, it might just be slipping my mind though.
It's not explicitly mentioned, but the way the Demon Queen described the economic report she gave the Hero in Chapter 1 ( it being paper instead of parchment ), the standard A4 size of the paper, and the graphs on the report...

It's not strictly mentioned to be the result of a printer-press technology, but I think it's really telling that it is.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote