View Single Post
Old 2011-10-21, 22:30   Link #40
drimof87

I'd like to suggest what you like about Fairy Tail or what you think sets it apart from the other manga's.

Mainly because i noticed something very interesting about it. While many people consider Fairy Tail to have a lot of cliche moments, it has successfully avoided one big one that Naruto, Bleach, and OP all share. I also think this is why the Manga seems to move fast, at least in my mind.

Here is what i noticed: Powers and Tactics

It is very straight forward with tactics and the fundamentals of its powers. There are no long discussions on the micromanaging of how they're going to fight each and every person like in all the other Manga's. If they do, it rarely takes very long for them to say and is very to the point about it. Magic itself is never truly explained and is barely mentioned.

Now many people might point this out as a flaw. Ultimately though, I can't help but feel it is a stregnth. Less is more in this situation. I can't tell you how many times in the anime shows and manga how they continuously have long discussions over every little thing/move tactic. It always requires them to repeat themselves over and over, annoying is the word. I think it's what makes me like the manga so much, when the guy casts his magic or whatever he doesn't have to tell me the fundamentals of magic every time and when they discuss strategy it's usually a couple straightforward sentences that are concise and that is why I find Fairy Tail a lot more easy to get into.

Also by not getting into too much detail, I have my eye open and pay a lot of attention whenever they do explain something, it rarely ever repeats itself in this regard.

Even watching the Anime you'll notice it only takes them a few seconds to explain quickly what other shows will stall for time with.

These reasons set it apart for me and made it very easy to get into. Now many people might say because it's simple, I think this is something more anime should do.

Edit: I'm new here so i think it would be better if you just posted this as the thread if you choose it. I'm not sure I'd do it the right way.

Last edited by drimof87; 2011-10-21 at 22:36. Reason: New here
drimof87 is offline   Reply With Quote