View Single Post
Old 2012-08-01, 12:56   Link #511
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Exactly.

She's arguing that money should be redistributed from the wealthy kids farting around in bogus "clubs" to poor kids who're currently being forced to humiliate themselves like Cinderella.
And on what basis do you make this claim?

Like I just wrote, scholarships can be privately funded.

Quote:
It's a classic example of egalitarianism, which is the political polar opposite of libertarianism. There's no evidence whatsoever that she wants to reduce overall spending
Sure there is such evidence. The fact that she intends to cut spending drastically on clubs.

How often do you hear a self-described liberal or progressive talk about spending cuts? That's much more commonly a position held by self-described fiscal conservatives, even if it's just electioneering for many of them.

Edit: Now, it occurs to me that maybe you and Haak know something from the source material that I don't. If so, maybe I'm wrong here. But going strictly on what we've seen in these first four episodes, Satsuki strikes me as a penny-pinching fiscal conservative who's big on balancing budgets. Perhaps a future episode will cause my impressions to change though.