View Single Post
Old 2011-01-04, 18:02   Link #83
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I agree strongly on how the character voice and the style of the character.. There are still the horrible memories of the Australian dubbing of Cardcaptor Sakura, where they change the names of some people, but the only problem was that the characters who were only suppose to sound like 8-9 year olds, sound like they are 18-20. But then again, that is a problem that cannot be solved so easily unless they find some really good child actors.

Ok I'm going to be completely biased on another dub, there was the case of Shakugan no Shana....... I was finding myself face-desking the whole time when the dubbed version of the characters were speaking... I literally thought they were on the phone while they were working on the dub.... The only voice actor I liked was Alastor, with the Naraku dubbed VA from Inuyasha. The plot went perfectly without much of a problem. There is also Yuji's dubbed VA that I admit was good as well..

There are many more dubs that sorta just kill the mood of the anime with some parts of the lip-syncing that goes out of track but that is another problem that is very difficulty to solve since they have to find the right words with the lip-syncing that the Japanese put. The characters in general getting messed up, and there is also the voice that people find themselves being tortured over.

I prefer subbed, but if the dubbed actually put more effort into things and thought about it more carefully, they would not have been hated so much as they are now.