View Single Post
Old 2012-08-06, 15:11   Link #1196
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Quick install, sealed off the house, shut-in style, assumed proper seating position, and pressed play. The opening, which I hadn't seen before, was a slight hurdle that I couldn't skip for the heck of me. On to the routes, which looked to be on par for the course with fandisks: skip the trunk to get to the main routes. I chose Lucia first, to get the least favorites out of the way, followed by Chihaya, Kotori, Shizuru, Akane and so on. This clear order may have colored my first impression of the game.

Short impressions follow. Might be some spoilers for the English readers who haven't completed the vanilla game yet:

Spoiler for Lucia:

Spoiler for Chihaya:

Spoiler for Kotori:

Spoiler for Sizuru:

Spoiler for Akane:

Well, looks like Kotori's was the only one really done nicely - a good balance of comedy and an ongoing story. In addition, I kinda wish, a little, that an Inoue mini-route was included. She's...interesting? On to the last route, and Chibi 'Moth route? Oh, it's the Rewrite route.

Spoiler for Kagari:

So with that out of the way, I would just like to express a slight disappointment in finding out that there were no after-Terra stories, of which I was hoping to see a glimpse of. Ah well, at least KoxKo fans were rewarded.

Spoiler for Rewrrite Quest:

EDIT: My friend did tell me what the final CG was, and I'm relieved it wasn't "that" important. A little. Maybe.

Edit 2: @matrixhazard: By saved it might mean the first time, when err...you know...in the church scene...and then the hospital afterward... y'know...(kinda rushed to spoiler)
Further Edit: @Ceral: Eh, I do have a Japanese XP system, it's very old, runs Rewrite like a stuttering drunk, but at least my visual novel experience has been smooth for the past six years.