View Single Post
Old 2007-02-09, 00:00   Link #83
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
Sorry but what does "what he did is close to which part" mean?

I'm not denying that the Sharingan has the potential to be a great genjutsu tool, but to say that he is a genjutsu user just because of that is jumping to conclusions at this point. Kakashi has the sharingan as well yet genjutsus are hardly his forte, and as far as we know he has even better control of the Sharingan than Sasuke.

By your argument you could say Sasuke has the MS as well since he has the sharingan, yet you would not say this because he has not shown to use it. Same thing with genjutsu, he has never shown any amptitude for it.
I meant to say that: What Sasuke did is more related to the ability of Sharingan close to Genjutsu than movement tracking ability of the eye. You can consider ability leading to MS, if you want. But, in any case, being able to use the eye to that level is not something a typical Uchiha can achieve, it seems, from the words of Kyuubi.

Sasuke does not have to be a superior genjutsu user just like his brother, cause it will not help him beat Itachi mainly because he might never have the chance to exceed Itachi in that area, he can only create a balance in that aspect. But, to overcome Itachi's dominance, he needs to have high level of genjutsu skills, in my opinion that is a must if Sasuke has to survive against Itachi.

Now, whether he has amptitude for that or not, the easiest answer is yes, he does, since anyone who has very good chakra control skills can achieve that feature (and Sasuke has it). If you add a genetical ability that makes it easier for him to use and enhance such a technique, then it becomes really difficult to understand why he cannot.

And, saying "he needs to have good genjutsu skills" is equal to saying "a sharingan bearer needs to MS" is not correct, cause, it seems that genjutsu is a basic skill for any Sharingan bearer, whereas MS is the product of an exceptional situation.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote