View Single Post
Old 2008-12-06, 18:26   Link #1
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Basquash! (Shoji Kawamori & Thomas Romain's New Project)

Seems to be a new series that has some of the Oban crew working on it. Unlike what I originally thought, it isn't a French-Japanese co-production. However, it does have french influence, at anyrate.

Anyways, it's a new series and apparently more "light hearted" as well, from Shoji Kawamori (Macross) and Thomas Romain (who worked on and directed Oban Star Racers). The series is scheduled to air in Japan sometime in 2009 and will broadcast on MBS. It'll also be animated by Satelight. The series seems to be an odd combination of Basketball, Mecha (Robots), Music, and a slight football influence. Seems to also have this real "hip hop" appeal to it.

Regardless, here's the staff listing with the known characters (and their voice actors). There's only one name I'm unsure of on the spelling, but everything else should be correct:

Quote:

Staff
Original Concept : Shoji Kawamori, Thomas Romain (Roman Toma), Satelight
Project Director : Shoji Kawamori
Director: Shin Itagaki
Series Composition - Script : Tatsuo Satoh
Writing : Yuuko Kakihara, Yuki Enatsu
Character Design : Takahiro Yoshimatsu, SUEZEN, Kazuhiro Soeta
Mecha Concept Design - Art Director : Thomas Romain
Music: Kei Yoshikawa, AudioHighs
Animation Production : Satelight
Copyright : Shoji Kawamori, Thomas Romain, Satelight, Bashquash Production Comittee, MBS

Characters
Dan J.D. : Hiro Shimono
Sela D Miranda : Shizuka Itou
Iceman Hotty : Yuuichi Nakamura
Miyuki Ayukawa : Masumi Asano
Coco J.D. : Kana Hanazawa
While I don't generally like Sports anime (sans racing), I might give this a chance. Thomas Romain (as with Shoji) has done some interesting past works, so here's hoping this'll be one of them.

Last edited by ChibiGoku; 2009-03-20 at 07:41.
ChibiGoku is offline   Reply With Quote