View Single Post
Old 2011-10-07, 23:30   Link #259
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Great discussion in this thread. My favorite right now is Yuuki Aoi. She always seems to come up with something a bit different. And she has a great instrument to work with. I'm really looking forward to what she can do in the new Last Exile.

But I agree she didn't do much in MadoMagi. My favorite performances of hers are from Yumeiro Patissiere, Vampire Bund, Ichiban Ushiro no Dao Maou, Yutori-chan, and Shiki. Her strongest Japanese fans seem to prefer Kiruminzoo, where I believe she was given a lot of freedom to indulge her fantasies. But that meant her voice changed volume so much that it seemed to drop out for me from time to time.

But I can't really rank seiyuus, since I like so many of them, and they all have their special talents. I find myself not much of a fan of such big names as Horie Yui, Tanaka Rie, and Mizuki Nana -- although Nana's recent performances have caught my attention. I love a wide range of voices, from Kuwashima Houko through Saitou Chiwa, Sawashiro Miyuki, Yukino Satsuki, Tamura Yukari, Sanpei Yuuko, Koshimizu Ami, Kawasumi Ayako, Endou Aya, Yahagi Sayuri, Toyosaki Aki, Takagaki Ayahi, Hanazawa Kana, and recently Tomatsu Haruka.

And I've begun to appreciate the male voices more: e.g., Miyano Mamoru, Irino Miyu, Miki Shinichirou, Fujiwara Keiji, Kamiya Hiroshi, Ono Daisuke, Sugita Tomokazu, and recently relative newcomer Kimura Ryouhei.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote