View Single Post
Old 2009-08-28, 13:52   Link #37
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neku View Post
Yup. I haven't. I'm not interested in BoA.

But I'm not saying she's trying too hard. There are some parts of the album where she has sort of retained the style she has in her Japanese albums e.g. Apple, Xmas.

Basically, I had hope her English songs would mesh with her Japanese style, creating something superior than Heart Station. But This Is The One really didn't do it for me. I find her shifting too much to US style instead of having her very own original style e.g. Simple and Clean, Easy Breezy etc

I acknowledge her success though. I believe her album is selling well in the US market. Her hard work paid off, just that I'm not one of those who found it great.
She was trying to break away from her Japanese style, actually. Although I like her Japanese works better too, I have to acknowledge that Utada and Utada Hikaru are two different artists (note: I didn't say people) that cater to different audiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Hm. I retract my earlier statement. It looks like she did write all or most of this herself.
She writes, produces etc. everything herself; the only time she hasn't is for the string arrangements for her songs, some stuff with Timbaland in Exodus and the background music for "This Is the One".

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote