View Single Post
Old 2009-04-24, 15:47   Link #37
Raiga
tl;dr

Gotta say I love the attention to details... how little things carry over from episode to episode.

Like how Saki said "keep the change" last episode and this episode Takizawa used the change for the pay phone. And what was a comedic scene last episode when he started taking notes on his wrist becomes useful this episode.

As for why no passersby bothered with Kondo, I thought that was kinda obvious the first time I watched it. They showed earlier in the scene a shot of a bum sleeping on the ground, and earlier on Saki mentioned how the place was turning into a slum. Passersby probably thought he was just another bum sleeping on the street, slumped against the wall like that, and instead gave him a wide berth. It's not like he was screaming in pain or anything. He looked, really, just like a bum with some sort of stain on his coat.

Dunno why Saki didn't go look for Akira. Maybe 'cause she got really into the movie (she did start crying) or maybe 'cause she was being stubborn and all, "If he's not coming I'm not looking for him."