View Single Post
Old 2010-03-28, 11:42   Link #396
Suimancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdarkdark View Post
I guess that's possible. But I never would of thought that Hei would feel guilty over killing April. I guess in his perspective, July is just a doll and not a threat at all. Possibly reminds him of Yin.
Along the lines of July being a reminder, rather a replacement of Yin, practicality wise, one could see it as a needed risk. Hei needed the aid of a doll in their travels exemplified in the train station where Hei immediately used July's "services" when he joined/volunteered in their group . Also, I believe that Hei was aware that July was helping Suou at the time, though the mere fact that July wanted to 'help" them suggests that he is on their side, for now. As such, despite the possibility of being a trap , Hei still took the risk since there is a possibility that whatever agency July is working for (if any) seems to share a common goal with them. Also, the "guilt" interpretation could also be a factor. Not necessarily guilt out of killing April but that of leaving July with no more "comrades" an echo of what he did to Suou. Or perhaps Hei saw that July genuinely wanted companions since he was all alone and not some secret agenda by an organization. Perhaps Hei just wanted to explore the other side of pedophilia.

There are other interpretations out there, just take your pick though some of the motivations of the characters could be combination of multiple reasons instead of one.