View Single Post
Old 2006-05-02, 12:10   Link #916
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle

I found something really interesting.

Scroll down until you see the screenshot of Kyon looking out of the door, just before Haruhi drags Mikuru in. Now pay attention to the table in front of the door.

In the first screenshot, the table is empty.
Next, after Haruhi dragged Mikuru-chan in, a blue bag suddenly appeared out of nowhere.
The next shot shows the bag mysteriously disappearing again.

Now some speculate that this isn't really a mistake by Kyo-Ani, but is deliberate, since...
It's a pretty nice find... actually. But I wonder if it's just a mistake. That scene is the first time the SOS-dan met (in the anime) in that room. The bookbag flashes in and out before the SOS-dan is even named... and before Mikuru is "pulled" into the club.

At that time, Yuki is present, and Mikuru is about to enter the room... Itsuki, in theory, has yet to transfer into the school.

I'd believe this to be a deliberate action on KyoAni's part... if we actually saw Kyon set to bookbag down. But maybe the novel readers know something I don't know? I'm forced to assume from the location of the bookbag that it's Kyon's bag. But we never see him set it down, nor does he pick it up.

Here's the basic timeline from ep1, the scene is Mikuru's introduction to Yuki and Kyon, extending to when Haruhi names the club.

BTW... If this is a simple mistake on KyoAni's part... I want the last fifteen minutes of my life back T_T

@17m:56s We see Kyon leave his classroom with his bag over his shoulder.
@18m:22s Kyon is sitting down in the chair, with his left hand in his pocket (the hand that we would expect to be holding his bookbag). The bookbag does not appear on the table.
@18m:30s Kyon is looking at the just opened door, his left hand is still in his pocket... but the bookbag has appeared on the desk.
@18:52 We see the table + bookbag again while Haruhi is introducing Mikuru. Note that Haruhi's bag is totally absent, we saw her leave the classroom with it but she's not carrying it now.
@19m:30s We see a side view of the table, sans bookbag. Although the angle of the shot is such that it's possible the bag would be invisible.
@19m:44s We have a much cleaner view of the side of the table as Haruhi is talking about Moe and turn-ons. The mystery bookbag is still absent, and from this angle it should be visible.
@20m:21s We have an overhead view of the desk... The bookbag is clearly missing.
@20m:34s We see another view of the room... wherever that bag goes when it's not visible, it's definitely spending a lot of time there now.
@20m:46s This feels weird... "Bookbag still missing" report? I'm going to need to find a better way to describe where the bookbag isn't.
@20m:56s I don't even have to say it... You already know right? Bookbag is _______. You can fill in the blank there, but I'll give you a clue. It's a seven letter word that starts with the letter M and ends with ssing.
@21m:26s That bookbag is travelling to fun and exciting places, I wonder if it's stuck in a lock-down dimension atm?
@21m:41s We have a really fast zoom into the room as Haruhi tells us the name of the newly formed club. No bookbag in this scene either.
@22m:00s Kyon has a dictionary that he obviously didn't get from that wonderous bookbag... but this is literary club, so they probably have dictionaries on the bookcases in the room.

We never see anyone interacting with the bookbag, nor does it seem important to the characters in the room. Dunno... it's a mystery.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote