Thread: Licensed Kimi ni Todoke Second Season
View Single Post
Old 2011-01-02, 23:18   Link #37
carcanclaw
Kitty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Field of Lilies View Post
It's not saying "be a loner and be miserable for your entire life", it's saying "if you're a loner but don't want to be, you can change that. You don't need to change yourself, but you do need to show people the real you".
I guess this is probably the case, I certainly can see it from that perspective. I still feel that Sawako's character has had to abandon some of the weird and creepy aspects that made her so endearing in the first place.

I'm just having issues with how... in awe of Kazehaya she is. There's something about the fact that he's the most popular guy in school, yet still somehow so kind and sweet, that annoys me. I know it's fiction and can't be compared with real life, but I've never found a popular, athletic, handsome guy who wasn't egotistical, vulgar and annoying. Highschool dating taught me that.

If Kazehaya was less of a superstar at school, and had a few more flaws, I think the manga could really leave a more positive feeling in it's readers. It's one thing for a girl to think a guy is Mr. Perfect, it's another thing for him to actually BE Mr. Perfect and have everyone acknowledge that fact! haha

I've read up to chapter 51 of the manga, by the way. I only watched a bit of the first anime.
carcanclaw is offline   Reply With Quote