View Single Post
Old 2009-04-02, 04:06   Link #13
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
I think over all the FMA dub is one of the best I have heard (the best is Bebop's). Everyone did a very good job. Favorites were Vic as ED and Wendy Powell as Envy.

I can understand how some people say that original seiyuu performances are better than dubs in general.

BUT, I think in context a lot of anime is TERRIBLY over acted compared to regular japanese acting like how we complain about in dubs.

The only MAJOR beef I have with modern dubs is that there is such a small talent pool compared with the seiyuu. Many modern dub actors are quite competent but compared to many non anime american voice actors they don't play characters by way of disguising their voices so often it's hard to wrap your head around one actor playing a certain character, no matter how much energy they have, it can't save the fact that they were miscast (For me that was ViC Migconiga playing Tamaki Sou in Ouran or Wendee Lee playing the famous Haruhi).
Really, I find regular Japanese acting to be slightly more overacted than anime, but then that's probably because I can actually see their faces when they have to emote and hoooooo boy....