View Single Post
Old 2011-04-07, 21:28   Link #1084
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
This does beg the question of why Homura (in Timeline 1) didn't just wish to bring Madoka (and/or Mami) back from the dead. Seems a lot easier to me than starting a time loop...

We know the real reason for this (it's necessary for this story to work), but the in-canon reason for this might suggest something about Homura. What that is, I don't know.
If there's one thing Kyubey is good at, it's making his sales pitch when he knows the girls aren't usually in the right frame of mind to respond to him (Mami was dying, Sayaka was thinking of her feelings, Kyoko wanted to help her father somehow, and Madoka nearly agreed because she was so concerned for Sayaka's condition). It's possible that his timing in making the offer, considering what Homura had just been through and what she was feeling at that moment, made her wish come out as "I wish to protect Madoka" instead of "I wish Madoka was still alive".

Of course, it's just as likely that Homura wanted to be someone Madoka could depend on. She's certainly become that in this timeline.