View Single Post
Old 2008-02-18, 16:21   Link #20043
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
If I don't do it right, it'll be shredded like confetti in a sawmill.
That's true.

Quote:
Why would I spread them over the surface again? Why am I making a wire-mesh inside the Exoskeleton? Why would I not engineer the design so I have a bundle right along the master frame?
Not only would making the bundle as simple as possible reduce the chances of breakdown, but it would make maintanence easier when it's placed along the 'bone' of the frame. Not to mention less likely to be severed by a lucky hit.

Take this example:
http://www.terremoto.ca/images/exoskeleton.jpg

Where's all those messy wires? Where's the hollow tube you're talking about? Look at that simple framework. Your concerns... they don't exist.

Take that and wrap armor plating around it STAT!

Engineers are SMARTER than that.

They SOLVE problems...

Spoiler for They solve practical problems:

I will repeat to you, this is NOT a bug's exoskelleton. Engineers don't build stupid like that.
That's not what your images say. Hell, that last image of the Olympian armor even had the wires outside the armored plating.

As for them not being hollow... a power armor is an exoskeleton that is supposed to have a human inside, of course it's hollow!

Quote:
Nanomolecular reconstruction systems. Would you like me to add that to the armor? They did it for Transformers the Movie.
NAH! That would be too easy and wank out the prototypes too much.
Concidering even Intelligent Devices have an autorepair (Raising Heart repaired itself in S1 after all), your armors not having them would make them a laughing stock, really. I'd say they need an AI to operate and coördinate the probes, though (in other words, they'd have to have a device-like conciousness).

Quote:
Missiles? You meet the PHALANX CIWS.

We probably have to agree to disagree. It's clear I have a better practical understanding of Powered armor than you. (Considering I've been looking into it for my private work for over two years.)
Obviously, but on the flipside my understanding of the Nanohaverse and its comings and goings far exceed yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Arcas: I KNOW she-male was an inaccurate term - but it was what I could come up with off the top of my head. I'm not a walking encyclopedia like Tesla is.
Keroko-kun: Hence, tactless. People are going to hate you for that, you know.

Quote:
Arcas: Problem with the fanclubs are they all look and sound the same. So, unless they're wearing a bright neon sign which says "Just want to know them better," or something like that, they're gonna get the wrong end of Apalis.

You can't blame people for jumping to conclusions when they don't have all the information.

Keroko-chan:
*whacks Arcas on the back of his head* What is up with that bullshit! I taught you better then that! If you don't have enough information, you find more information, standart rules of engagement!

Quote:
Arcas: Tactless? Sure, it happens. Overprotective? Absolutely. Rude? On more than one occasion, but not always. Jumps to conclusions? Who DOESN'T, at least a few times? Tesla, if I'm supposed to be insulted by that, then you failed horribly. There're worse things to be in life.
Tesla: You asked what kind of person you were, I answered. If you don't find that offensive, then there is no problem, is there?

Keroko-kun:
I would like to correct the 'it happens' analysis of tactless to 'pretty much every time I open my mouth' and jumping to conclusions should be 'all the time'

Quote:
True - but I've been here awhile...
Which is my point, you're not leaving much of an impression despite being here for so long, which is why people forget you.