View Single Post
Old 2013-02-21, 10:10   Link #59
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
What exactly about Itachi was retconned?
I remember that when he first appeared, I and a few others already mentioned the possibility of him beeing a spy inside Akatsuki and working for Konoha, which turned out to be true.
it's possible to guess anything. see the definition of retcon below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
Retcon: Adding or altering information regarding the back story of a fictional character or world, regardless of whether the change contradicts what was said before.
it seems to me that a lot of people are assuming retcon means something else. it's important to know the definition of a word before you argue against its use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminion Lancer View Post
You know, you could make the argument that back during Orochimaru's invasion, he was the one controlling the 2 Hokage. Thus their abilities were limited to what Orochimaru himself knew them to be capable of. Since their personalities are intact right now, it is entirely possible they obtained their full power. There are also translations of the previous chapter where Tobirama (Niidaime) claims Orochimaru improved on Edo Tensei since last time so there is that.
this is actually kishi's argument. kabuto says exactly this to edo-deidara to explain the difference in power between orochimaru's first use of ET and kabuto's improved version with personalities left attached. this however, doesn't make hashirama's power less of a retcon. let's face it, in his fight vs. hiruzen he made some trees grow and wrapped them around hiruzen in an effort to constrain him and that was very impressive. now it looks like something below child's play compared to what hashirama can actually do at full power
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote