View Single Post
Old 2010-01-24, 05:58   Link #1067
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
You've never seen one of Fukuyama's comedy roles, clearly. He's fully capable of voicing silly characters and his voice range is actually pretty incredible.
Never said he couldn't. That is what "acceptible" means, after all... ^_^ Honestly, I'm sure he'd be better than "acceptible". It's just between him and Miyano, he loses out in my opinion. I'm sure whatever production company ends up with the title will have different protocols that may well put Fukuyama higher on their wish list, but as a fan I don't have to worry about budget or scheduling, just fitness for the role (and the odd wild hair or two)...

Now, capture targets:
Ayumi Takahara (track girl) -- Emiri Katou
An ideal tsundere to start a string of tsunderes (every girl who knows Otamegane before the start of the series is very much tsuntsun for him).

Mio Aoyama (ex-oujo girl) -- Marina Inoue
She's even got her hair parted down the middle... ^_^

Kanon Nakagawa (disappearing idol) -- Yui Horie
I dunno, maybe it's my Love Hina anime upbringing, but every time I see an idol character, that's whose voice I automatically hear. And she can sing very well, so that's not a problem. And if Yokkyun, the obvious Key ripoff poorly drawn heroine from Keima's favorite game, gets a voice (do PFP dating sims have voice?), Hocchan is totally pulling double duty, ugu~.

Shiori Shiomiya (bookworm girl) -- Aki Toyosaki
Well, I can go with the obvious choices for quiet bookworm type, or concentrate more on later in the arc when you pretty much can't shut her up... ^_^ Crap, I just broke my self-imposed K-on embargo... Eh, can't be helped.

Kusunoki Kasuga (martial artist girl) -- Yu Kobayashi
Has a good "masculine" feminine voice (Kaere Kimura, SZS) and a good "feminine" feminine voice (Kaede Kimura, SZS). Both will be needed.

Chihiro Kosaka (average girl) -- Kanae Ito
Yeah, typecasting's a bitch... And I got nothing on the remaining 2B Pencils members. Not enough to work with.

Jun Nagase (hot student teacher girl) -- Satsuki Yukino
How can we have an attractive oneesan character and not cast the Alpha Oneesan? The easiest capture target to cast, IMHO.

Tsukiyo Kujou (chibi astronomer girl) -- Rie Kugimiya
Totally heard her voice in my head from the first page. I blame JC Staff.

Minami Ikoma (loli swimmer girl) -- Kaori Fukuhara
Sounds younger than the rest of the cast...check. Oozes cute...check. Don't really need anything else...

Reiko Hinaga (creepy girl's grandmother) -- Yuki Matsuoka
Oh...no reason... *whistles*

Sumire Uemoto (ramen girl) -- Aya Hirano
Let's see, "energetic and enthusiastic", "runs everywhere", "filled with confidence and determination, regardless of whether she's competent or not"... Well, I'll be... Her picture is next to the definition in the dictionary...

Nanaka Haibara (shogi girl) -- Ryoko Shiraishi
Speaks in a Kansai dialect, apparently more out of personality than origin (she's recently been overseas and appears to have the stereotypical blunt American Kansai personality). Shiraishi, as a native of the Kansai region who has a history of performing in the dialect (and/or in the personality), should be ideal.

Yui (Body-swapping oujo drummer girl) -- Yukari Tamura
Yet another character who needs some vocal and acting range, as she has to handle the vocal patterns of both a cute, genki, oujo dojikko and
Spoiler for chapter 82-...:
While I can't think of anyone who has been cast in quite those two roles (that last one's kinda the killer), I'd say she's come close enough.

Not capture targets:
Dokurou Skull (Elsee's and Hakua's boss) -- Chafurin
He's a little bitty dude with a skull for a face. He absolutely has to have a weird voice. And few seiyuu voices are weirder than the guy who brought Mr. Delicious to Higurashi.

Reiko-chan (creepy little/hot teen "ghost" girl) -- Yuki Matsuoka
I can't be the only one who saw Tsuruya-san when creepy little "I'll cut your head off" ghost girl turned into hot teenaged ghost girl, can I (ch68, pg7)? She's even got an end of sentence verbal tic, ne? She should probably double as Airi-chan (creepy little real girl) to accomodate the twist in the arc.

Keima's grandfather -- Norio Wakamoto
When God speaks Japanese, He uses Norio Wakamoto's voice. Apparently I am not the only one to realize this. And guaranteed that's what Keima sounds like when he gets big. Now excuse me while I go help that pussy Chuck Norris check his closet for Norio Wakamoto... "ALL HAIL BRITTANIA!"

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2010-01-27 at 17:08.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote