View Single Post
Old 2005-12-17, 09:05   Link #1
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Convert AVI/MKV/MP4 to DVD

Sorry, this guide is now hopelessly out-of-date. Please find some other guide/software instead (for example on www.videohelp.com).

The site hosting Queue for Encoding (playbackhelp.com) went down sometime ago due to a server crash. I probably have backups of it somewhere though, but I don't see the point in restoring the site since the guide & scripts are hopelessly out-of-date and probably won't work anymore anyway (unless you're still stuck on XP).

Please do not PM me regarding help with the guide or script, as I stopped using it myself years ago. Hooking up a cheap PC to a LCD TV (with MediaPortal) is so much easier and gives much better picture quality.

This thread is a place holder; I'll fill it in later.

It seems both v1 and v2 of this guide has been lost because v1 was posted
about 2 weeks after the last backup

Anyway... Google Cache to the rescue again. I'll repost BOTH guides once I get time.
Like the latest version of the v2 guide, I might just put them on playbackhelp.com instead though
and post the links here and keep this thread for discussions only...

v2 guide here:

Queue for Encoding
(Encode AVI/MKV/MP4 to DVD using a few scripts and freeware tools like QuEnc and BeSweet)

Please note that while the instructions in the guide mentioned above can be used to encode licensed anime
and dvd rips, DO NOT expect any help if you get into trouble trying to convert these kind of files.

Useful setup information can be found on the webarchive, here:
GHDpro's Guide to TMPGEnc
Aktee's Guide for CCE

If you use Window's Vista, then you'll have to change these instructions slightly
Follow all the steps from the queue for encoding guide and when it comes down to the explorer menu stage:
  1. Right click on the file
  2. Click open with
  3. Click choose default program
  4. Uncheck "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file"
  5. Click browse and double click DVDStudio folder
  6. Select scripts folder
  7. Select queue

Last edited by GHDpro; 2010-02-26 at 11:20.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote