View Single Post
Old 2012-06-21, 22:51   Link #2035
broken270
Defying gravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I'm with you and Sackett on this. I think the current format limits new girls a bit too much.
I wanted to state something off tangent, but I guess I can use this as a better time than any. Assume that this format carries out for at least one more year. On the Stella side, it would be a near carbon copy of ISML 2011 minus the bottom 14 with some minor changes. Girls like Kanade, Ruri, Eucliwood, and Charlotte would be on the Stella side by rule of how the Stella/Nova system works. This leaves next year's Nova side to be "clean," as in no one pre-2011 would be there. This would mean that girls like Kobato, Sena, even Aria and Kurisu can be Tier 1 material with pre-2011 players away. Looking at it next year, Nova would be only filled with "new girls" that some have suggested and would probably be what many people of this year would have thoguht about. I guess the summary here is, come next year, if the same frmat is used, one will have the "new girls" all by themselves if that is what one wished.

This leads me to the main topic of this statement: what Sackett stated. In truth, I wanted to see this as well, but, now that I think about it, I am wondering if this is a good idea. Consider if next year, what Sackett, Konakaga, you, and other members who thought about this last year as well was put into stage. Someone, (probably wontaek) told us last year when people voiced this idea was that there weren't enough contestants to consider this method, but what about now? With 25 new contestants, we now have 133 girls who have been here at least once. That should be enough girls to go through nomination and preliminary. Stella would include everyone from this year's Nova. but there is a really good chance that this year's "new girls" would have an even less of a good time trying to prove themselves as worthy. Middle Tier Nova have a good chance of not appearing again. Girls like Erio, Inori, Aria, and Kurisu are going to be most likely found in Tier 6, Teri 5 if lucky and Tier 7 as worst scenario. The "new girls" are going to have less opportunities of showing their worth in the suggested format than keeping the current format for another year.

Looking at it from the Nova side, indeed there will be a large diversity of characters that most would like or have wished to have been in ISML X years ago. However, there seems to be a good chance that the recently aired shows has a higher advantage of showing their strength than those even from this year that did not make it to ISML, be it by a close loss or not. While one may think that is the entire point, I fear that would not be a "middle ground" as the top would mostly consist of recent series while the bottom are shows that are even one year's old. I feel that the format would make Nova a rather unequal arena in terms of power levels between the recent series and everyone else. While this might be what some people would like to see, I fear that this "invisible line" of power strength will be even more prominently seen given even by the next year of the same format.

Long story short, I think next year's Nova Division is probably what the majority originally wanted, so I believe we should stick to the current format for at least one more year and then decide whether or not another idea would presume better. You guys can probably refute that there are more pros to the suggested format than I originally saw. While I too would like to see what Sackett stated come true, I just see more cons to it than pros. Maybe I should look at last year's thread to see what people had to say about this.