View Single Post
Old 2008-05-28, 00:54   Link #854
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
In ZnT novels Louise was able to grow up out of the system (she gave up on her tittle for saving her friend), Montmorency, Guiche, Kirche are also not what you would consider nobles that are completely dependent on the system either.

So i do not think you can everything put on the systems blame. You can break through it even if you were born in it.
This is true; I am not trying to say that Henrietta is not responsible for her actions. She is.

What I am saying is that I don't find her actions especially shocking or unusual, in light of her circumstances and the world she lives in.

Quote:
I think Henrietta is more complex character rather than just a naive idiot whose hypocrisy steams only from her emotional weakness (where he says to the face one thing, but turns around - and does completely different thing) but rather at least some of her actions are calculated (killing enemies off, using Tabitha and Louise).
I agree with that. Henrietta is not an idiot, and she is trying to fulfill her role as queen the best way she knows how.

Quote:
Henrietta isnt evil and she can herself fall into the trap (like with the pope) however, a thief that had been robbed is still a thief. Henrietta, who had been manipulated, can still be a calculating manipulator herself.
I agree with that too. I think she's doing as much as she can to be a calculating politician; I'm just not sure she's really good enough at it to be a serious mastermind. Things could have ended up disastrously for Henrietta several times now if not for Saito, Louise and company saving the day in various unplanned and unexpected ways.
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote