View Single Post
Old 2009-03-09, 23:02   Link #128
jigoku shoujo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
Lowered UAC defeats the purpose of having it... UAC purpose is supposed to prevent malicious programs from running administrative mode by notifying what kind of program it is. Sure it's annoying, but it's a security blanket to prevent you from doing something that can ruin your system. Mac OS X, Linux, and Unix have a similar thing which requires you to enter a username and password to change settings that are vital to stability or installing applications. UAC supposed to fix the problem that plagued Windows XP... and remember, the only time you get a UAC popup is when you install a program, change vital system settings, and programs that are not compatible with UAC (which most cases, are compatible.)

Having used Windows Vista for two years (not as my main operating system) it's a okay operating system providing you have current hardware. I'm just sick of people who keep complaining about Vista being horrible because mainly it has to do with drivers and incompatible software. This is not Microsoft's fault and no one shouldn't be complaining about Vista, instead, you should be blaming the companies that write the software or drivers.

Personally, I have been frustrated with Windows long enough after using it for 7+ years (malware problems, Windows rot, driver problems, etc.) that I ended up switching to Mac OS X fully... but I still run Windows just to play games...
truth, it have its purpose, but is very annoying for someone experienced with windows, I still using XP after 6 years and I can't remember last time I got a virus or malware, my antivirus is up-to-date, firewall installed, "common sense"... and even being "usefull" it can't change users mind, they will still get infected and blow up the windows installation someday...
jigoku shoujo is offline   Reply With Quote