View Single Post
Old 2012-09-16, 08:55   Link #165
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

But I think that this episode really stretches things there.

For me, it's not so much that this army is extorting people for money (the fact they call it "taxes" though is telling to me - It really does make me think of a classic Fantasy story of a Robin Hood-esque hero protecting average townsfolk from harsh medieval tax collectors, and I think that's intentional on the writer's part).

No, for me it's... what the hell are all these three pre-teen kids (that's what they looked like to me) doing in a VR MMO anyway?!

Three pre-teen kids and their Sensei. And they're clearly not just NPCs, or there'd be no point in the army trying to extort them.

Seriously stuff like this happens even with our current life not on the line non-pvp games. It is called griefing, let me give you an example.

Shin Megami Tensei Imagine is a non PvP game unless you enter an arena, but if you are powerful enough, or have a few buds who are stronger then the people you are griefing then you can lock people out of some nice content. There was a recent event where the event only monsters gave really really good exp, and being in a party does not lower your exp (actually most of us have exp boost items for parties). So certain players would camp the spawn spots and one-shot the mobs and not add anyone to their party. They would drive people away with no noticeable benefit to themselves.

Their behaviour isn't to do with being in a MMO or virtual world, it is to do with being human and humans always have a bunch of ijits which love to ruin other people's lives for {insert deity of choice} knows why.

Asuna and Kirito already spoke how kids can play with a guardian. Not such a stretch that a school club got a chance to do some virtual MMO and supervisor was nice enough to go with them.

Last edited by grey_moon; 2012-09-16 at 08:57. Reason: spelling
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote