Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-10, 22:57   Link #703
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard Duck View Post
Your definition is inconsistent with the original criticism, while is that the characters aside from the Demon King do not have awareness of economies. Awareness of things outside the country implies very little knowledge about economies as a whole, i.e. little correlation with macroeconomics. Note kuromitsu's post, which first referred to the "greater picture": "War is good; war is money" is directed toward a sector of the economy, not domestic vs international markets.
I guess this is due to my less-than-stellar articulation in using English, so I'll give this one to you to catch what I meant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard Duck View Post
You did not explicitly use the term macroeconomics, but of course, the study of economies is macroeconomics by definition, so any knowledge of how economies work would imply some knowledge of macroeconomics, even if the knowledge not expressed in a rigorous manner. I have already pointed out that being able to perceive the consequences of the operations of economies does not imply knowledge of macroeconomics. [1]
I fail to understand your insistence against my simple point of "not everyone else is an idiot when it comes to economy". Let me give you the meaning of the word "idiot": An idiot, dolt, or dullard is a mentally deficient person, or someone who acts in a self-defeating or significantly counterproductive way. and take that in an economic way. In this case, the King and Prince and Merchants are not some dumb people who does some self-defeating or counterproductive economic actions. That much is clear and more than enough proof that they're not idiots.