View Single Post
Old 2010-04-18, 23:12   Link #90
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Hmmm... so Obito is tied with Bruce Wayne currently... which is ranked third.

I have to say I can't imagine it's JUST Madara. If it has anything to do with Madara at all it will be him in another body or someone else with his power at the most. I mean how pathetic would all this suspense and mystery with the mask be if it's simply the character he claimed to be a hundred manga's before they decide to remove the mask? Why would Kishi go out of his way to avoid showing his face like the time Tobi takes off the mask for Kisame when he had already revealed his claim as Madara if that were the only case. I just can't believe Madara has the most votes right now. Despite everything that's happened in the manga sense Pain, I still have more faith in Kishi than that.

Alright, I just did some reading. Yeah I think the best evidence for Tobi being Obito used to be the same intact eye and similar abilities to Kakashi. Izanagi made the missing eye thing loose it's importance because that obviously could have been what Madara used to survive at the Valley of the End. But we still have this thing with the dimension ability. If it's not something unique to Tobi/Obito (and now Kakashi) what is it? Is it some other sharringan tech? and if so, why haven't any of the other sharringan users performed it or anything like it? If it's common to any advanced sharringan then certainly Itachi, Sasuke, and probably even Danzou would be more proficient with it's abilities than Kakashi. I believe it's something unique to the user like Shizui's mind control ability, otherwise you'd see other Uchiha taking advantage of such a useful talent. It's as deadly as Amaterasu (get rid the target just by looking at them), but at the same time it can also be used as a defensive measure as seen by Tobi. The problem is if it's not common, but a unique ability, you have to assume Kakashi and Tobi both have theirs from the same source. I haven't really ever read a decent argument to an alternative for this. Would some non-Tobi=Obito person mind addressing this? (looks at James sense he at least acknowledges the similarities between Kakashi's and Tobi's abilities) And please don't bother with the "they are completely different techniques" thing. I think enough people have shown manga images showing both abilities are sucking things into other dimensions. Kakashi's is simply less focused so he doesn't have the added bonus of being able to retrieve what he gets rid of or send himself in.

This is a little off topic, but I was also wondering whoever Tobi is, he's got a room full of Sharringans and maybe even a rennagin or two, so any ideas as to why he doesn't use one himself for his seemingly missing left eye? My theory is he's after an EMS to replace it, and that's why he's been encouraging the encounter between Itachi and Sasuke, and ever sense encouraging Sasuke to go ahead and take his brother's eyes. If that's the case, Sasuke better watch his back now.

Last edited by Emilis; 2010-04-19 at 13:56.
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote