View Single Post
Old 2011-06-24, 20:13   Link #1040
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Having thought about the ending a bit more, I wonder if the creators were trying to raise questions along the lines of Critical Theory. We all take the current economic system for granted, but it hasn't also had the form it has today. Can we truly say that this is the best system? The only system that works - or at least, that will work once we get it right? Can we truly get it right, or will the someone always screw it up by using the system in the wrong way?

Critical theorists would emphatically say "NO", and seek to overturn the entire system and establish a new one. In terms of this, 「C」's ending seems to suggest that 'actually, the current system can never be completely overturned, though it can be changed'.

=====

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
This confirms my theory that what Kimi saw at the end was a dream of the future to come. Either that or Kimi is physically transported to future Japan.
Another way to look at it is that this is the present leading to one of the possible futures that Masakaki was talking about at ~22:20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
For the first time the anime showed that there is at least one person in their staff with some notion of economic theory.
You do realise that they weren't actually trying to make an anime that accurately represented economic theory, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Seems like the official site has some info that was not shown.

Can anyone share them here?
A LOT of info actually. I did translate a tiny bit (see link above); will see about the rest when I have time - though if anyone else want to share, feel free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Anyway I'm wondering: are there any related works to [C] planned? Manga? Novels? Short Stories? Anything?
Not that I know of. Though I haven't exactly checked all that carefully...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2011-06-25 at 04:56.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote