View Single Post
Old 2012-09-15, 18:42   Link #59
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I definitely made a careless choice by using "moot" here, however I stand my point with their development leading not really farther than before. It feels incredibly silly to me to have characters having a development and in the midst of concluding with the "fruit" of their labor, the plot has to hijack with a situation that could be prevented easely.

The situation presented could have been handled by both Taku and Haru if it wasn't for the lame moral lesson which lead to a unlikely turnabout. Certainly Taku and Haru managed to go ahead with their trauma and personal conflict, leading to a proper conclusion with Chiyu sooner or later. The problem is that it just becomes hindered, not by the enemy trickery, but by their own naivete (pretty much how Haru decided to use his special attack instead of pounding Dusk Taker to death).

The development isn't cancelled, the progress is still there. The problem is that the reversal of the situation is a just step back in the purpose of the development (as in, being able to stand on their own). So instead of bypassing this naivete or making up for the mistake, we need the intervention of KYH, which doesn't ring that well to me. And frankly, the intervention of Black Vise actually make the confrontation "fair", since it would be a 2 on 2, with both Haru and Vise unvailable for battle. So it becomes a 3 VS 2 (even if Taku is "KO", he still has a SP gauge full, which is not to be ignored). Of course, I have no problem for them to confront it with a 2 VS 1 mindset, since there is no need for mercy or sense of "fairness" required for the likes of Noumi.