Thread: Licensed K (Anime project)
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-06, 12:14   Link #498
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
And do you know why K is giving that impression to many viewers? Because we know very, very little about any of these characters, including the main character.

I'd have a lot less issue with this if we at least knew something substantive about our lead character (aside from what I already discussed with Utsuro no Hako).
But I don't agree with this. I think it is fine for shows to give only little glimpses of who the characters are in early episodes. This is called character building.

The problem isn't that K doesn't give this information, the problem is it doesn't give anything except for action & visuals. I think that is my problem with the first episode, right from the beginning its saying style is more important than story. The style is the hook not the story.

The fact that we are saying this has elements clearly targeting fujoshi & Otaku is also a negative to me. I don't think those elements are bad per say, but when that is what you are selling the series with...

Now K can end up having an excellent story with excellent characters but this is not what the first episode is selling to its audience. That is what the problem is for me.