View Single Post
Old 2011-06-03, 11:25   Link #72
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

First episode of AnoHana I rate 10/10, and hopefully not the last. The drama this time around felt incredibly real and tangible. Anaru's confession was wonderful; I've noticed all the best scenes -or at least, my favorite - are Jinta x Anaru scenes. Those two have amazing chemistry. Unfortunately, Jinta doesn't seem to see her in a romantic light. I hope this will change in the coming weeks.

The scene at Menma's house was another powerful one. Menmama seriously needs some help. I felt pretty bad for the little brother, her mother chose to live in the past and closed herself off, which led to him being neglected. As he himself put it, she should remember she still has one child left... By acting the way she does, it's as if she lost her second child.

I was so happy Menma finally did something. See? Writing a message helped a ton. This shoud have happened weeks ago. It was obvious that the others -save for Poppo- all thought he was delusional (why would they believe him the first place anyway?) and only went along with it because they pitied him. I really liked Menma's attitude during that scene. She's a more likable character when she doesn't cry all the time. We finally see the strength she displayed in the flashback we've been shown about a billion times by now.

Speaking of Jinta's dad, I'm surprised not commented on his BALDNESS. I couldn't help but laugh when he took off his hat. I didn't see that coming at all for some reason