View Single Post
Old 2011-06-03, 12:39   Link #80
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

A great part of the drama between the Super Peace Busters was solely centred on Jinta "suddenly" bringing out Menma's existence to everyone else, without much explanations.
I don't need any science/magical explanation about Menma, nor the reason why she appears now and not later (although I would love to know why, still).
However, it is baffling to have the very mean of proving her existence from day 1, yet being denied because both Jinta and Menma weren't doing anything about that.

By itself, Menma's existence being proved doesn't solve everything (I never implied it so), however it -is- a solution (not "the" solution), since it will make everyone in the SPB group moving on at some point.
The solution itself would be okay if it was thought/introduced early on then denied for a "proper" reason. However, so far, color me strongly skeptical for a "proper reason" for any of the two not trying to at least explain things to the rest.

This is even worse with Yukiatsu and his deluded incident, but both Jinta and Menma didn't try anything. Is it too much to expect that bringing out "menma matter" would obviously hurt him?