Thread: Licensed Sankarea (TV)
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-29, 20:16   Link #820
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
Well, after it's all over and done with, really, the only thing I gotta say is that I think that Wanko is the most under-appreciated character in this anime, not only by the audience at large, but particularly by cat-boy. She's definitely my favorite character in the anime, and feels so much more alive than anyone else. The only other person in the anime that even comes close to having as much character as her is Sanka-dad (the scale does swing both ways). Cat-boy, sister, Buddha-dad, and Rea, they all seem so bland and lifeless. Crazy Grampa, when the moments prevail, shows more liveliness than all of them put together, and even Sanka-step-mom has more character, and shows more emotion.

I doubt I'll be watching this anime again, though I will probably sit through a second season, if there is one, and I will suffer through at least one more chapter of the manga after an English version is available. My predominant reason for watching or reading won't be the title character, or the not so bright cat-boy, but will be so that I might get to see Wanko in action again.
This!

On the other hand, a large part of Wanko's charm is that she is the third wheel
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote