View Single Post
Old 2013-05-05, 20:44   Link #72
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
I have to disagree with the bolded part, somewhat. While the lack of character development rings true, the point of world-building does not. Which kind of connects to my point about what people expect on a weekly basis.

This world is a vast ball of water. Gargantia is NOT going to be attacked by pirates on a constant basis. They do have good days (months, maybe), and we just happened to see one. This, in itself, is world-building.
You are ignoring the fact that the episode I praised also did not have pirate attacks & was also mostly slice of life.

Personally I wasn't a big fan of the Pirates either (they were too silly for me) but there were other things in episode 3 that I enjoyed more so than this episode.

It's fine that you disagree and that this episode did more for you. I am not saying you are wrong for getting more out of this episode than I did. I just think it is wrong for you to judge people who didn't like this episode "as only wanting a blood bath".

Because frankly I am not expecting or want anything dark and tragic at all from this series.