View Single Post
Old 2009-07-08, 20:51   Link #1762
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Yeah. They did "Lion," which was the only OFFICIAL duet there, but they sang backup together on most of the Cowboy Bebop and GitS songs. And then there was a HUGE medley towards the end, with the two of them, and Maaya Sakamoto, and Origa, and Mai Yamane all singing together.

As far as the concert as a whole...it was stunning. Three hours long, and if it had gone on for another three, I wouldn't have minded. There were a couple of small technical problems about half an hour into it (mike feedback), but nothing serious.

Yoko Kanno was on stage most of the time, playing piano, but finally...near the end...she sang.

And either she IS Gabriela Robin, or else she she does a pitch-perfect impersonation of her.

And the end, she pulled out an accordian and played "Anato no Oto," with Megumi singing, and the audience filling in the "Dokun Dokun Dokun" parts...except, since the concept of this concert was that Yoko Kanno was a baby chicken, everyone had to say "Piyo, Piyo, Piyo" instead.

As far as the audience went, I was disappointed to see only one cosplay...some guy dressed as Cowboy Andy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Very sure, but you can check it out for yourself:

http://gabrielarobin.com/2457/throwi...less-fortunate

She sounds a little unsteady at the beginning, but gains power and strength as she goes on.
Omg, I got goosebumps just listening how much Megumi has improved She sounds better now. "Voices" was amazing and May'N sounds as powerful as ever with that voice but I really want to hear Diamond Crevasse >_<

Either way, this concert was amazing in general and they better release a DVD because I would definitely buy a copy.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote