Thread: Doctor Who!
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-05, 09:04   Link #277
james0246

While I would love to see Chiwetel Ejiofor take the part of the Doctor (and I know he said he would do it just a few years ago), frankly it would be a step-down for the actor, especially if the upcoming 12 Years a Slave is as good as many hope it will be. Dr. Who simply wouldn't help his career currently. Similarly, fellow rumored potential candidates Martin Freeman, Ben Whishaw, Chris O’Dowd, David Morrissey, Tilda Swinton are also extreme long shots.

Russell Tovey is also still a front runner, and he would be a decent choice, though I find it unlikely that he would abandon Him & Her so easily (not that he can't do both, but he is obviously trying to distance himself from his sci-fi/fantasy past). The aforementioned Rupert Grint is also seemingly in contention, but I find it doubtful that he would tie himself down so to another franchise so easily (he is trying to show his dramatic range right now).

Of the names I've seen brought up, Andrew Scott would be a cool choice, as would Olivia Colman.

Last edited by james0246; 2013-06-05 at 09:15.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote