Thread: Thief 4
View Single Post
Old 2014-03-05, 07:35   Link #96
Mentar
Banned

Like I said, the game isn't BAD, and if you are not familiar with the Thief Universe and particularly Garrett, I would assume that it's really enjoyable. However, if you are a long-standing fan of the franchise and are ecstatic to finally get to see (be) Garrett again, his change into a boring brooding and barely likable humorless wooden caricature is nothing short of painful.

One more thing pissing me off: Compared to the series high tide games 1 and 2, the level size is nothing short of annoying. Goddamn system constraint that the game needs to run on Xbox360/PS3 kills the feeling of an open world. You cross 2 streets, and whee - load a new level. Meh. Seriously, game developers need to STOP this crap. Whoever remembers the glory of "Life at the Party" from Thief 2, where you cross an entire city for half an hour before you even REACH the huge Mechanist tower you need to work through, can only cry at the minimaps of Thief3/4.

Can't Eidos recruit a scriptwriter who actually knows something about the Thief franchise? Please? They did such a great job with the Deus Ex HR reload. Why couldn't they do the same with Thief?

*sigh*

If after playing through Thief 4 you think you enjoyed the game: Thief Gold And Thief 2 are available with patches which run the game in HD resolution. You might want to give it a try. For me, the game storyline and freedom inside the game makes it absolutely worth it.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote