View Single Post
Old 2007-09-17, 08:41   Link #95
Jaden

Well, it was hinted a lot in tips etc. that this is what happens, but I had a hard time believing it before seeing it, that Takano, and her numerous powerful allies want to unleash the disease for no real reason other than that they're nuts.

But then what's with the gas disaster? And what does Takano do afterwards? My theory is that the goverment catches up to what she's doing (maybe from Irie), takes her out and gasses the village as a last resort to prevent the disease from spreading. Irie protests and tries to stop them, but is quickly silenced. Any survivors who know too much, like Satoko in the first chapter of Kai, are also killed off so that the goverment can make that disaster look natural. Because even if they had no choice but to gas the village, few would forgive them if the truth came out.

The way for Rika to overcome this final obstacle would be to present Irie/Tomitake with undeniable proof that Takano is an evil biatch in the next world, before she carries her plans out. But there are 2 episodes left, so I think there will be a faster solution.