View Single Post
Old 2004-07-21, 16:55   Link #1
daimond

Location: Im at the University of Pittsburgh, hopefully not for much longer
Counting up the Mysteries[manga spoilers]

One Piece is a looooong series of books and movies. But unlike some others like Inuyasha or Dragonball, One Piece is the only long series that still has development and mystery. It's not just the same old same old even after all this time. Still feels to me like the episodes are under the hundreds. But yeah, I was thinking why and I think it has to be all the mysteries. The big ones, not just the obvious ones. So I thought a count of all the things we still need to know before the series end would be interesting. A lot of them are probably related.

* What the heck is one piece
* What's the "lost history" that Robin's always talking about. We know it's what ten or a hundred years with no record but that's about it.
* WHO THE HELL IS MONKEY D. LUFFY!!!!??? the guy drifts by in a barrel and there the story starts. Where's he come from, why does he aim for a pirate. It took forever to find out he had a brother.
* More about the Shichibukai, the marines, those five elders, etc.
* WHO SAVED LUFFY WHEN HE WAS ABOUT TO GET DECAPITATED??? I'd almost forgotten before I started counting. But it was some guy that could control the weather, not just lightning because we've met the lightning fruit eater. Smoker asks though, why did whoever save Luffy when Buggy was about to cut his head off. I mite be wrong about this but it was made pretty clear that it was someone, not destiny or wutever.
* Of course there's Grand Blue and Gol D. Roger's past. And then lots of little stuff like what's Blackbeard doing now, who'll replace Crocodile, not to mention "what will happen in the next issue." But that's the most important things that I BETTER know by the end of the manga and anime. I'm sure there's more.