Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Chihayafuru Season 2
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-23, 04:12   Link #279
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadratic View Post
That was said in the show, as well.
Just because I understood the writer/mangaka's intent, doesn't mean I have to find it believable, especially when there are more things showing otherwise. I can't be bothered going over this again, as I had already explained my case in the season 1 thread.
Anyway, Sumire is the latest proof of people not finding Sumire's goal of "finding love" to be believable, so really, it can just be chalked up as the mangaka isn't always that good at presenting certain ideas.
I think there is a difference between the two of them with one of them being intentional the other isn't. Sumire's desire for love is superficial and I think ujiuji's post best described her situation.
The problem with the other situation is that the mangaka never really focused on Taichi/Arata's friendship, so I find it understandable that people don't find it believable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadratic View Post
Anyway, I don't want to argue about him anymore, the less I think of his actions, the better opinion I'll have of him.
Fair enough, that part of the post was a joke at your expense which I hope you would take in stride so I had no intention to argue about the issue. Having said that I do suggest for the next time if you claim you don't want to argue any more than don't make any arguments in your post about the issue. This gives a conflicting impression whether you want to continue arguing or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I don't recall seeing such disdain for Taichi when we were discussing the first season? Was I just oblivious, or is this a new phenomenon?
The hate started early on during the flashback arc. A lot of haters moved on, some became fans when Taichi got development others however got stuck and still hate him.
A part of the hate also stems from shipping of course, shipping does tend to generate a lot of hatred towards other love interests.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I think you mixed up Desk-kun and Porky, unless I missed something.
I do get the feeling Nishida has a crush on Kana as well but Tsutomu will probably be the one (it's the height really).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
You know there's hate and then there's character assassination, Hikaru was doing just fine until that episode where all the color drained from my face.
Could you refresh my memory on what happened, it's been a while since I've seen HnG.

Last edited by Blaat; 2013-01-23 at 05:35.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote