View Single Post
Old 2011-02-05, 20:35   Link #7747
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
Many genius' we hear about on TV are called 'young genius', which in their very wording implies that it can be learned.
"Young Genius"=Just to tell that these youngster here are geniuses...

Just tell a neurologist (or any intellectual being): My brain will rewire to have an IQ level of a genius if I study harder. Or, I'm sure l'll have a genius IQ level if I study more. You'll become a celebrity.

Quote:
In this very manga it's implied that genius is not an inborn trait. Nagi, Sakuya, Isumi and Wataru are excellent examples. All are grade-skippers, but Wataru's only seems to be outside of school learning.

On the other hand, Hinagiku has only recently (by the story standards) been given the honor of being called a genius, and has learned to be such.
Those four were never referred to as a geniuses in this manga.

Skip grades do not equivalent to being a genius. It can be done by a smart and hard-working person like Wataru. He said he studied his ass-off in order to skip grades (yes, hard-work pays off in school). However, Nagi easily skipped grades even though she was absent frequently.

Nagi, Maria, and Athena are the only three that was called 'genius' in the manga by other people I believe.

---Nagi was called a 'genius' by Maria because she was an extremely fast learner. At the age of 7, Nagi beat all of her tutors in every game such as in chess,and claimed that none of them was smart enough to teach her, with the only exception being Maria. Yes, that's a genius level that none of the other four you spoke of had shown.

---Maria was called a 'true genius' by the robot-creator-teacher with the same exceptionally intellectual capability as Nagi, but Maria is ever better thant Nagi with her entered high school at 10 and graduated at 13. Never lost in a game.

---Athena was called the 'greatest genius' by Miki because well..I would also like to know what Athena did for Miki to put her above Maria.

Quote:
Additionally, Hayate isn't hailed as a genius and could probably outperform all three on tasks learned from scratch within a given time frame. He learned nearly all of his swordsmanship skills from Athena in what appears to be a few months, and is able to fight at a level that took others years to accomplish.
He also missed the school cut off line by one point, despite us being shown continually that he has a lot of knowledge available to him.
The false test Yukiji put him through would have had no effect on his grade if he were a genius.
Hayate is definitely no genius in Logical-mathematical intelligent, meaning he's no good in academic. He learned many things as a butler from Athena through hard-work and determination with his body. He trained his body so his reflexes and physical capability enhanced greatly, so, of course, he could done anything fast than the especially slow body reflex genius. And, Hayate is definitely has bodily-kinesthetic intelligence.

There are different type of intelligences and different kind of genius. One could be a genius in sport, music, learning languages, etc.

Quote:
Ever seen the show 'Eureka'? The main character is considered the only one of the town not a genius, and yet has continually shown to be able to surpass the rest of the town's level of intelligence to make his conclusions, all while having a completely average mental ability.
He learns faster than the supposed 'genius' around him.
The main character solved problems precisely because he can only think simplistic, while the geniuses think of complicated methods that doesn't work which was the movie's premise. To be honest, it's quite farfect for most occasions.

Last edited by zodanhko; 2011-02-05 at 21:39.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote