Thread: Macross Vo Xp
View Single Post
Old 2007-01-26, 09:22   Link #2
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

I wish I could say something nice about the game. Unfortunately, it's really not that great. I'd only reccomend it to fellow Macross fans who are starved for a game that puts them in the cockpit of a Valkyrie.

Actually, it does do some fantastic things with inertia. If someone does ever get around to making a great Macross flight sim, I hope they do keep that in mind.

But aside from that, the graphics were sub-par even for the time. There's only about three different kinds of areas (deep space, rings of Saturn, close to Jupiter, if I recall), you only get the VF-1, and if I remember right the Zentradi only throw battlepods, space fighters, and two kinds of ships. Also, your own ship is supposed to be a Megaroad class ship, but the model is that of the original Macross. That's like playing a Star Trek game where they say your ship is the Excelsior, but the in-game model is the Enterprise.

Really, I'd love to see a fantastic Macross flight sim made, but if you have a modded PS1 or PS2, Macross VF-X2 is a much better game, if much more arcade style, and I've heard good things about the Macross PS2 game.