View Single Post
Old 2006-12-02, 00:01   Link #43
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Here's a transcript that corresponds to the final part of episode 9 in-game. Maybe this might clarify things for the viewers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selections of January 27, wednesday (Makoto)

After that day, Makoto starts to becomes much more quiet.
To say quiet actually doesn't exactly fit the picture, but it does put it in a better word.
Not saying much is the actual reality.
She spends more time doing nothing and just stays around from dawn to dusk.
I and Makoto look toward the drifting snow quietly. Makoto puts her ahnd on my thigh.

(omit first part about eating tangerine)

Makoto nods, as she shifts her focus to outside the window. The snow has gotten worse. I look towards that expressionless facade of Makoto without lifting my eyes.
Makoto has lost her smiles and her anger, basically she is slowly losing things that make her human.
This sounds obvious given how that she is only maintaining her human appearance after such a struggle.
Although her appearance might be human, but her emotions are not that of a human. Looking at this transformation is a painful thing.
Why not just simply disappear before it has come to this point?
To think that I would have such thought. Maybe it is I that am starting to weaken.
I already feel quite a sense of longing just at the thought of fighting with Makoto.
Makoto at the time was so full of spirit that it spites people almost.
Y: Hey, Makoto.
M: ...
M: ...?

(omit part on spitting out the orange)
Makoto takes out the tangerine peels that cannot be swallowed, and puts it back into my hand.
After the dinner, I lie dead in my bed. The time spent in dining wore me down.
Even so, because everyone is aware of the situation, the atmosphere wasn't heavy.
Besides, it is the only time that everyone could be together, Even if it adds more trouble, I would like to treasure the time.

M: Hey... Yuiichi...
Having snapped out of it, Makoto who should be back into her room shows her face.
Y: Makoto, what's going on?
I hide my weariness and gets out of the bed.
M: Read... read...
Y: Book? Manga?
She nods.
Y: Ok, come over here.
M: Umm.
She comes over happily,
and the moment she lies down, she parks her nose right next to my arm.

I remember that in the past, I would've tossed her out without giving it a second though for her being such a nusiance.
But now it's whatever that please her goes. Any expression of love or whatsoever has become meaningless.
Y: This one?

(omit reading)
M: Want...
Y: Ahh?
Makoto suddenly makes some noise.
M: Want to... get married.
Y: Wait till you've grown up.
M: Want to be married to Yuiichi.
M: That way we can always be together...
Y: Umm, that's true...
M: ...
Y: Want to... keep reading?
M: Umm...
Makoto seems to understand as well. The final moment is about to arrive. By then, Makoto will never be able to grow up.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori