View Single Post
Old 2012-03-17, 23:41   Link #28148
RandomAvatarFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1
The problem is that Shannon and Kanon in the gameboard are somewhat aware of the fact that all is a game.
But Shannon and Kanon are Yasu's furniture. Kanon is aware of it too.

Your reasoning is very similar to mine actually.

My three reasons:

1) Author Theory. Development especially of Shkanon's characters happen throughout the games.

2) Shkanon 4th wall breaking scenes are fantasy. A lot of people use the "Battler test" which says that Battler's experiences (In 1-4) are accurate until 0:00 Oct. 6th. Did they ever break 4th wall in front of Battler? We can say that it's fantasy (It represents something specific, but still fantasy nonetheless) In fact Battler never sees Kanon and Shannon together in the first four. In the scenes where they break fourth wall, either they are talking to each other or with Beatrice, which therefore must make it fantasy.

3) Yasu's madness that keeps Yasu from really understanding there are consequences: the thing I had mentioned in my previous post. If it's nothing but a game to play with Battler, Shkanon may also realize that they are just pieces in Yasu's game because... well... obvious reasons.

A bit of a rant going off of the third thing.
Kanon keeps repeating "We are just furniture." It seems Shannon may be the only aspect of Yasu that refuses the accept the truth. Kanon was adamant about the whole "furniture" bit, and Beatrice's weakness of the mirror shows that she too did not want to see her pitiful form. Yes, it's fantasy, but it was written for someone to understand the truth behind Yasu. Just as the scenes of wall breaking Shkanon are fantasy, they still show an important clue.

To sum this all up:
-This was just a game to play with Battler.

-Yasu didn't care, as long as she got to be with Battler.

-Kanon and Shannon are aware of what they are in terms of Yasu. (Kanon more so than Shannon)

-EP2!Meta!Beatrice shows the fact that Yasu's madness includes disregard for human life.

The whole Meta-Chess thing going on is a representation of how Yasu sees what she's doing. Even though they are real people that won't come back no matter what, she uses them as chess pieces and "captures" them without thought.

Because the way Umineko is layered and still open ended, make what you want of them, but Yasu's madness is seen in Beatrice in the early parts of the story, and this is how I make a "weak motive" become the force behind the tragedy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall
I simply refuse to believe Yasu is insane.
It does seem like a cheap trick, doesn't it? But for me, applying Yasu Crazy Theory, we can see why Beato acts the way she does in MetaWorld.

However, I do agree with the first twilights. The problem is then not the howdunnit, but the who and why: "Who went crazy with a gun? Why did someone pull out the guts of the adults and stuffed them with candy?"

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote