View Single Post
Old 2006-10-01, 22:58   Link #143
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

The Conduct of Being a Public Official (Kai Ep. 9)

Chief: "I see. Well, I'm relieved that the village council nor the raucous Onigafuchi Defense League isn't supporting this case from the back. Please handle Houjou Satoko's case regularly without any special treatment."

Public official A: "Yes. Knowing that the whole of Hinamizawa isn't backing this up, we can carry out this case normally."

Chief: "However, I don't like the way things are run here. As a public official, it is our duty to treat all cases equally without regards to who or whom are supporting those cases. If this case was to be carried out with special treatment, wouldn't that set a precedent of favoritism towards Hinamizawa?"

Public official A: "...I understand your concern chief, but...well..."

Chief: "The supervisor of the local affairs checked with the association of neighborhood councils, and they too had no involvement in this as well. So please tell your staff to handle all cases calm seriousness. The idea of asking what to do because it is a case from Hinamizawa itself is a questionable conduct of being a public official. It is your responsibility to teach your staff about this."

Public official A: "Yes, I'm sorry... Well, I'm relieved that the village is not backing this case."

Chief: "It doesn't matter whether or not if the village is backing this or not! Please handle Houjou Satoko's matter with care. Make sure you tell the person in charge of this case not set an irregular precedent by by providing this case with special treatment."

Last edited by kj1980; 2007-09-03 at 03:42.