View Single Post
Old 2006-12-07, 18:09   Link #69
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
I only have one question: Why do so many series insist on accompanying the activation of a girl's magic with what looks like excessive pleasure? We're not talking on the level of Cosmopolitan Prayers(thank God), but still I wish anime producers would stop adding in the gasps and muffled screams, at least when they haven't provided any real excuse for the reaction.
Also, I can only hope there will be some decrease in the randomness of this show. I was amused by the result of Negi's memory magic on Asuna, but the fact that it ALWAYS happens takes all the humor and meaning out of it. More importantly, the randomness of the cards just seems a little excessive, especially since I haven't seen any indication that he can terminate a contract before his girl is out of gas. I'm hoping that eventually it'll be revealed that the "random" cards actually have some pattern or predictability, or that Negi can control them to some extent. At the very least, find some use for the chibi cards or eliminate them entirely.
heh.. cookie for pointing out every single one of the weak points of the pactio sequences. I thought the little orgasmic sighs were a bit much as well and I *really* think the bogus cards just interfere with the plot line. They seem to pop up a lot and it seems to me they should be rather rare (like rolling a 1 on a 1d20 for critical failure).