View Single Post
Old 2010-08-09, 11:39   Link #554
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I've always wondered if the Japanese audience finds the whole beating gag as funny. I understand the manzai deal, but in my opinion, anything that's done far too many times can become boring and even irritating depending on how many times it is repeated.

I understand the idea that Ferris is just playing around with Ryner, as it was pointed out in episode 5, and that's perhaps good for a person like Ryner, but there are other ways to tease and joke around other than hitting him. All the same, this is just my opinion, and perhaps the Japanese audience never gets bored of these jokes.

Either way, has anyone here read the novels? I've read some parts of the first novels, has anyone read The Legend of the Great Heroes of Legend? If anyone has, can I request for some spoilers via PM?
What kind of spoilers are you looking for? :P. You can get plenty of spoilers from ja wiki. Though the fifth type of cursed eyes are yet to be documented. I haven't read that far myself (though I just imported the whole bunch of them, I'm busy with other series atm), though I believed its powers are not revealed yet.

By the way, I think that Ryner is an 'M' and secretly enjoys the beatings LOL :P
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote